Project 333 is The Minimalist Fashion Challenge that Proves Less Really is So Much More
Project 333 is the minimalist fashion challenge that invites you to dress with 33 items or less for 3 months.
But the very best part about minimalist fashion challenge Project 333 is that it starts in your closet and moves to your heart. The benefits you’ll experience will move far beyond your closet.
What is the Project 333 Challenge?
When: Every three months (It’s never too late to start so join in anytime!).
What: 33 items including clothing, accessories, jewelry, outer wear and shoes.
What not: these items are not counted as part of the 33 items – wedding ring or another sentimental piece of jewelry that you never take off, underwear, sleep wear, in-home lounge wear, and workout clothing (but workout clothes have to workout).
How: Choose your 33 items, box up the remainder of your wardrobe, seal it with tape and put it out of sight for 3 months.
What else: consider that you are creating a wardrobe that you can live, work and play in for three months. Remember that this is not a project in suffering. If your clothes don’t fit or are in poor condition, replace them.
Is Project 333 for you?
Yes if you...
- Ever stared at a full closet and thought, I have nothing to wear.
- Have clothing with tags still hanging.
- Are sick of spending time deciding what to wear.
- Are curious about creating a capsule wardrobe.
- Have spent too much time, energy, and money on clothes, shoes, and accessories.
- Shop to feel better, are in debt, or feel rundown or overwhelmed in general.
- Want more peace and ease in your life.
- Want to determine what enough means to you.
What others are saying
I opened Project 333 thinking I could use some help scaling down my closet. Little did I know this practical guidebook would lead me to uncover a major source of stress in my life. Because of Project 333, my family is discovering unlimited possibilities created by living lighter and happier with less!
—Rachel Macy Stafford, author of Hands Free Mama, Hands Free Life, and Only Love Today
For me, Project 333 became something far greater than wearing fewer articles of clothing. It became about recognizing the value of boundaries. It is a must-read for those who are ready to simplify their lives.
—Joshua Becker, author of The Minimalist Home and The More of Less
Project 333 is not just a fashion challenge, it’s an invitation to live more intentionally. Courtney takes a gentle, heart-based approach to decluttering and provides readers with plenty of support along the way.
—Francine Jay, author of The Joy of Less and Lightly
What’s Included in the course?
Access to All Content on our Easy-to-use Website
Live Q&A Video Call
Helpful Exercises and Worksheets
BONUS! Membership to the Project 333 Community
Here's what you will learn:
- The rules (what counts and what doesn’t).
- How to create peace and ease in your life with a simple closet.
- A step-by-step process to thoughtfully clean out your closet.
- How to address the emotions that come up as you are letting go.
- How to decide what to sell, save or donate.
- How to create your 33-item capsule wardrobe without suffering.
- How and why to break the rules.
- What to do with your stuff that doesn’t count.
- How to stop shopping for awhile.
- How to create a community to support the changes you want to make.
- How to enjoy your 3 month challenge.
- Other things to consider living without.
- The hardest part of starting anything.
- How to be more eco-friendly with your clothing choices.
- What to do (and questions to ask) when the challenge is over.
ABOUT THE INSTRUCTOR
Hi, I’m Courtney Carver. Project 333 is the minimalist fashion challenge I created in 2010 that invites you to dress with 33 items or less for 3 months including clothes, jewelry, accessories, and shoes for 3 months. Tens of thousands of people have tried it and it’s been featured in Real Simple Magazine, O, The Oprah Magazine, on CNN, The BBC, and in Minimalism, a documentary about the important things.
We Know What You're Thinking...
While this challenge isn't for everyone, you may be curious and scared at the same time. The trick is to be more curious than scared. Hopefully unpacking some of the most common fears will help:
I need extra clothes for weather changes.
If you are concerned because at the beginning of spring, it’s snowing and at the end of spring it’s really warm where you live, I can relate. Choose your 33 items knowing that some of your pieces will only be worn in the very beginning or at the very end of the challenge. I didn’t choose 3 months of similar weather on purpose. This is a challenge after all.
I need extra clothes for work.
If you dress differently for work than in the rest of your life, there are a few things you can do to make a capsule wardrobe work. For starters, dress your work wear down about 10% and your out of work wear up about 10%. If you wear a uniform to work, count all of your uniforms as one item.
I'm trying to lose/gain weight.
If you are used to housing several sizes in your closet to accommodate for weight fluctuations, only keeping one size in your closet will feel scary. Remember that the challenge is only 3 months long and most clothing can accommodate some fluctuation.
While there are others, these are the 3 big fears/excuses and they always come from people who haven't tried the challenge. They are all imagined problems. They haven't happened yet. They may never happen. You can deal with them if they do, when they do. They probably won't. When you begin to see your excuses as things that haven't happened yet, you'll begin to move outside of your comfort zone in many other situations too.
JOIN NOW FOR
HERE'S WHAT YOU GET:
- Full access to the Dress with Less and Create a Capsule Wardrobe course
- 10 videos: 1.5 hours of content
- Helpful exercises and worksheets
- Access to the Project 333 Community
- Quarterly Live Q&A Calls with Courtney (recording available)
- Lifetime access to everything above